Date: 11/3/2019 at 8:00:00 AM
2019 TCS NEW YORK CITY MARATHON
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2019
Run for Ronald McDonald House New York!
Through a partnership with the New York Road Runners’ Charity Partner Program, Ronald McDonald House New York has 25 slots in this year’s TCS New York City Marathon. We ask our runners to commit to a fundraising minimum of $3200 to support the children and families of Ronald McDonald House New York who are battling pediatric cancer.
Keeping Families Close
The Ronald McDonald House New York gives families with sick children the gift of togetherness, and keep them near the care and resources they need to thrive. The House provides temporary housing for pediatric cancer patients and their families in a strong supportive environment which encourages child-to-child and parent-to-parent support systems. Located on East 73rd Street in Manhattan and in close proximity to 16 major cancer treatment centers, Ronald McDonald House New York welcomes children and families from across the country and the world. The House can accommodate 95 families and is filled to capacity almost every night. Since our founding, more than 35,000 families have stayed at the House.
At Ronald McDonald House New York, it’s more than a place to stay. We support each family with wellness and meal programs, tutors, music, art, transportation, activities for siblings, birthday parties, and camaraderie for parents struggling with their child’s cancer diagnosis.
For our Runners
- Guaranteed entry into the 2019 TCS NYC Marathon (Sunday, November 3rd)
- Official RMH NY team jersey
- RMH NY sponsored team get-togethers
- Race morning transportation to starting line (in Staten Island)
- Pre-race pasta dinner at Ronald McDonald House New York the night before the race for all family, friends, and supporters
- Fund raising platform assistance. Tips, template letters and shared best practices to help you meet your goal
- The chance to make a difference for the children who call RMH NY their ‘home-away-from-home’
- Each runner is required to fundraise $3,200 that will support the children and families at Ronald McDonald House New York (NYRR requires $1000 minimum amount - Not RMH NY)
- Runners on our team are guaranteed entry but are responsible for their registration fee. This is $255 for NYRR members and $295 for nonmembers. (We pay $575 per charityspot to NYRR to be a charity partner).