Date: 9/19/2015 at 10:00:00 AM
Ronald McDonald House New York
4th Annual “Family Fun Dog Walk”
Date: Saturday, September 19, 2015 (rain or shine)
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Carl Schurz Park, NYC, East 84th Street promenade entrance
There is no pre-registration fee when you register online.
On-site Registration: $10 Donation
Join us for a day to support therapy dogs and the courageous children who love them. Hosted by David Frei, voice of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, and Cat Greenleaf, Emmy award-winning journalist and host of NBC’s “Talk Stoop.”
This fun-filled event is a 2k walk open to the public, with proceeds from funds raised going to support children battling cancer, and the therapy dog teams that bring smiles to their faces on a daily basis.
Online REGISTRATION will close on Friday, September 18th, at 12 noon. You can still register in person before the walk.
Online fundraising will remain open throughout the weekend!
Are you interested in sponsoring this event? Download more information here.
Training and Safety Tips
- Remember to train for the event. Practice over a four-week period leading up to the walk so that you and your dog are prepared.
- Practice walking on trails and in other dog-friendly locations to acclimate your dog to other dogs and distractions.
- Stay hydrated during the walk! Watering holes will be available along the route.
- Make sure to stop if your dog is lagging behind. Pay close attention to your dog’s energy and stress levels. Pulling or dragging your dog is not allowed.
- Have proof of your dog’s rabies vaccination handy.
- Dogs must be on leashes at all times. Retractable leashes are highly discouraged and can be hazardous in a crowd.
- Inspect your dog’s paw pads for any sign of cuts and wear. A veterinarian will be available on-site.
- Have fun!
All dog walk participants will be asked to sign a waiver.
If you have any questions, please contact Wini Cudjoe at 212.639.0400 or email email@example.com.